Have you ever wondered why some people fall sick faster than others? Or why some patients bounce back from sicknesses faster than others? A healthy immune system is the key.
COVID19 put the spotlight on building immunity to ward off infections. While social isolation and hygiene play an important role, studies stress the importance of good nutrition and supplements to boost health. Below are a few other ways to keep your immune system in pristine condition through every season of the year.
- Healthy Lifestyle Choices: It’s common knowledge that diet, exercise, rest and proper sleep keep you de-stressed and healthy. These are simple requirements that defend the body against viruses, bacteria and pathogens. Pick nutritious food over unhealthy choices during every meal. Make sure you have six to eight glasses of water daily to transport nutrients to every organ.
- Seasonal Produce: Your diet decides your year-round health. Whenever possible, choose seasonal fruits and vegetables. These are nature’s way of protecting the body through disease-busting antioxidants. Five portions of fruits and vegetables are recommended by healthcare experts to build antibody response.
- Colourful Plate: Ensure your plate contains a colourful mix of foods to maintain a balance of vitamins and minerals. While all fruits and vegetables have healing properties, some are more powerful than others.
- Vitamin C in citrus fruits such oranges, berries, lemon and limes fight off germs. Add the zest to salads and desserts to enhance flavour and health.
- Leafy greens such as spinach and kale are packed with immune building nutrients. Add herbs such as basil, cilantro, parsley and herbs as often as you can.
- Vitamin E in nuts, sunflower seeds and soybean oil is a powerful antioxidant to fight off infections.
- Vitamin A is abundant in meat, fish, eggs and dairy products. You will also find it in red, orange and yellow fruits and vegetables such as carrots, mango and papaya keep your skin and eyes healthy. Pineapples contains bioflavonoid bromelain break down proteins to boost immunity, break up mucous and prevent inflammation.
- Iron, potassium, zinc and manganese and vitamin B are vital to keep circulation flowing and your immunity growing. Ginger, turmeric, curcumin and garlic are nutritional powerhouses that contain potent antioxidant and antimicrobial properties to combat cellular damage.
- Sunshine and fresh air: Spend at least 30 minutes to an hour outdoors daily to soak in vitamin D. This is a critical to strengthen your bones and prevent respiratory tract infections. Many health professionals believe that Vitamin D supplements enhance protection from the COVID virus. A walk or run in the sun will flush your body with oxygen that helps blood cells function fight off germs.
- Health Supplements: A busy work schedule can leave you with little time to indulge in everything that your body needs. Don’t stress! Health supplements are a great way to ensure adequate nutrition intake. If you are on any prescription drug, don’t forget to consult a healthcare practitioner before you shop.
MySupplements.ca: Canada’s Best Online Health Supplements Store
From high protein snacks and protein bars to energy drinks, multivitamins and minerals, our products are packed with immunity boosters.
Our team of nutrition experts at mysupplements.ca help you take the guesswork out of sports nutrition and workout supplements. Choose supplements from a wide range of choices. We work with the best brands in the business and ensure same-day delivery.
Check out our website, subscribe to our newsletter and become a VIP member to avail of our special offers and monthly discount couples.